Wednesday

Summer Squash//

I love going to the farmers market on Saturdays and getting fresh produce from our local farmers. We went on Saturday and got a bunch of vegetables and fruit for the week. I usually buy vegetables that Im familiar with, but last Saturday I bought a summer squash, a vegetable I had never tasted. I made a vegetable soup and threw some summer squash in it, it was delicious. So this Saturday I got two, made the same soup, froze it and wanted to make something different with the other one. I looked on the Internet for some ideas and came across a potato and squash gratin! I didn't have all the ingredients for  the one I liked, so I improvised a little with what I had. I made a potato and summer squash gratin with mozzarella and tomato sauce, it was sooo good! I forgot to take a picture of the end result, I was starving and just wanted it in ma belly!!

                             Here's my summer squash Italian gratin recipe:

Ingredients:

Summer Squash ( I used one big one, use as many as you need)
Potatoes ( I used one big one, use as many as you need)
Fresh Mozarella 
Tomato Sauce ( I used a half a can of diced tomatoes)
Salt and pepper

Set the oven to 400. 

You will need a casserole dish, slice the potato and squash in thin slices. Make a layer with the potatoes and squash (see picture). Season with salt and pepper to taste, add the tomato sauce, then the fresh mozzarella. Make another layer of potatoes and squash and repeat the process of sauce and cheese. Top off with potatoes and squash and season with salt and pepper. 

Put the dish in the oven covered with aluminum foil for 30 minutes. Uncover and let it sit for another 15 minutes. 

Enjoy!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all your comments! ♥ Thank You